- The boredom. Day after day of the same thing with no guaranteed end result.
- The mismatch betwen job postings that require a high level of skill and experience but pay like shiitake mushrooms.
- People telling you it’s going to work out fine in the end. Well that’s fine and dandy, but I’m in job purgatory right now so just don’t.
- The seemingly endless amount of time they take in setting up endless interviews and other hoops for you to jump through. Months of my life gone in an instant.
- The forced vulnerability. It’s one thing to look for a better job. It’s quite another to be forced to put yourself out there time and again for financial survival.
- The constant stream of disappointment and failure.
- The shame of being judged for not trying hard enough when some days the stress is so overwhelming that all I can manage to do…
View original post 38 more words